1. Dr Robert Kehoe, Consultant Psychiatrist, provides expert witness services based at:
Mornington Consulting Rooms
1 Thornbridge Mews
88 Rodney Street
10 Harley Street
This privacy notice provides information about the personal information we process about you as a data controller, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Our ICO registration number is Z2122545
3. Please contact Dr Kehoe at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests about the personal information we process.
4. We are committed to protecting your rights to privacy. They include:
- Right to be informed about what we do with your personal data;
- Right to have a copy of all the personal information we process about you;
- Right to rectification of any inaccurate data we process, and to add to the information we hold about you if it is incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten and your personal data destroyed;
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing we carry out based on our legitimate interest;
The personal data we process, why we process it, where it comes from and the legal basis for doing so
5. We process the personal data of individuals who are obtaining legal advice or are engaged in a legal dispute, and also the personal data of witnesses and others with links to the issues in the case.
6. The personal data may include:
- Name, contact detail and date of birth
- Health information;
- Information about race, ethnic origin and sex;
- Reports about you written by other experts
- Occupational and Human Resource reports
7. The personal data are generally provided by the person instructing us in relation to the legal issues, who is usually a solicitor.
8. We process the data because it is in our legitimate interests as an expert witness to do so. We need to see and analyse documents containing this information in order to provide our expert advice.
9. In relation to any special category personal data, such as health records or information concerning, race, ethnic origin, or sex is, we rely on the legal claims basis for processing this data, in addition to our legitimate interest.
10. In many cases, an individual has consented to the transfer of their personal data to us. Where an individual has consented, he or she may easily withdraw it by notifying Dr Kehoe at email@example.com
Other personal data
11. We also process personal data pursuant to our legitimate interests in running our business such as:
- Invoices and receipts;
- Accounts, VAT and tax returns;
- Insurance policies and related documents;
12. As an employer, we process personal data further to contracts of employment with our employees. The information includes:
- Names, addresses and contact details;
- Pay and bank details, pay slips;
- Curricula vitae, contracts of employment, references and appraisals;
- Health information (in reliance on the occupational health exemption contained in the Data Protection Act 2018).
13. Finally, we run a client relationship management system. Any personal data on the system is held in accordance with the consent of the data subject which can be withdrawn at any time by contacting Dr Kehoe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Personal data in legal cases is retained, where necessary, for six years in compliance with our professional indemnity obligations. Where this is not necessary (such as medical records), it is destroyed on the conclusion of the case.
15. Administrative data is retained for up to six years as necessary, in the unlikely event there are queries from HMRC and the VAT commissioner. Where it is not necessary to retain the data for six years, it is destroyed as soon as possible.
16. Personal data relating to employees who have left our employment is also retained for up to six years as necessary. This is the time limit for bringing a breach of contract claim. In some case we destroy it as soon as the employee leaves.
Whom do we share personal data with?
17. We share personal data internally strictly on a need to know basis.
18. Special category data and personnel files held electronically are encrypted with restricted access. Hard copy special category and other personal data is stored securely with restricted access.
19. We do not share personal data with anyone external to the organisation, other than with:
- Those who have instructed us as an expert witness
- Outsourced service providers such as a typist and company who carry out our confidential shredding, pursuant to GDPR compliant written contracts
- HMRC and the VAT Commissioner as they require
- With others pursuant to a court order
Information Commissioner’s Office
20. If you have any concerns about the way your personal information has been processed, please contact Dr Kehoe above. Alternatively, you may contact the Information Commissioner’ s Office on 0303 123 1113.